“Who Will Be The Family Wizard”
|Season 4, Episode 27|
January 6, 2012
Ben Montanio, Vince Cheung & Todd J. Greenwald
This is an untitled upcoming episode. It is the 27th episode of season four of Wizards of Waverly Place, and the 106th of the overall series. It will first air on January 6, 2012, and is the series finale.
The Russo siblings — Justin, Alex and Max — face a sudden and ultimate test to determine which one of them will be entitled to keep their wizardly powers. While Mason and Juliet have clearly chosen their significant other to win, parents Jerry and Theresa are torn! Meanwhile Harper and Zeke go to the lair to watch the wizards competition.
Alex beings cooking dinner and suddenly it brings her family to the wizard competition.
- Selena Gomez stated that three different endings were shot, so the real ending wouldn't be leaked.
- Maria Canals Barrera has said that the finale has "adventure, total heart-tugging drama and suspense, humor, wackiness, randomness and a ton of special effects."
- A promo for the series finale began airing on Disney Channel on November 11, 2011.
- Alex would have been the Family Wizard anyway because if she didn't help Justin she would have won.
- Justin became the Family Wizard, but gave his powers to Alex making her the Family Wizard.
- Professor Crumbs retires and passes his powers down to Justin making him a professor and head master of Wiz-Tech and full wizard.
- Jerry gives the sub station to Max, since he can't be a wizard.
- Selena Gomez as Alex Russo
- David Henrie as Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin as Max Russo
- Jennifer Stone as Harper Finkle
- David DeLuise as Jerry Russo
- Maria Canals Barrera as Theresa Russo
Special Guest Stars