|Season 3, Episode 7|
December 4, 2009
"Marathoner Harper" (alternatively titled "Marathon Helper") is the seventh episode of season three of Wizards of Waverly Place, and the fifty-eighth of the overall series. It first aired on December 4, 2009.
After Harper wins a marathon, she discovers that Alex has used magic to help her win every competition since they were very young. Upset that she never really won anything on her own, Harper decides to let Alex recreate contests from the past in order to have the opportunity to win without the aid of magic. Meanwhile Justin decides to enter the marathon so he can be the first Russo to win an athletic trophy.
Gnip gnop, hippity hop, run 26.2 miles, then stop-Increases speed 2X for 26.2 miles.
- Selena Gomez as Alex Russo
- David Henrie as Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin as Max Russo
- Maria Canals Barrera as Theresa Russo
- David DeLuise as Jerry Russo
- Jennifer Stone as Harper Finkle
- Dan Benson as Zeke
- Imani Hakim as Connie the Jump Rope Girl
- Pamela Chan as Carol
- Ellen Lawson as Old Lady
- Marcy Goldman as Customer
- 'Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia' (The word that Carol spells) means the fear of long words.
- Carol actually spells the word incorrectly, accidentally replacing one of the "p"'s in the word with 'f', but this went unnoticed.