“Alex Tells the World”
|Season 4, Episode 1|
November 12, 2010
Gigi McCreery & Perry Rein
Immediately picking up where the season 3 finale "Wizards Exposed" had left off, the Russo's and Mason finally make it back to Waverly Place, but their wizard powers are still gone. While the family wants to stay quiet, Alex believes they should take action, so she reveals that they are wizards to reporters and notifies them that a group of wizards are being held captive by the government. Her powers return at that moment and thus she is able to prove it to the reporters. As she urges them to spread the word, Professor Crumbs appears and tells her that everything that had happened was a test that she failed miserably and orders her to Wizard Court for exposing wizardry to the world. Justin is also ordered to attend because he exposed magic to Agent Lamwood, who was a creation from Professor Crumbs' mind.
The judges rule Alex and Justin guilty and Professor Crumbs sentences them both to be demoted to level one in the family wizard competition, making Alex behind Max by two levels and Justin by four levels. Meanwhile, Max sets up traps in the Sub Station but ends up falling for one of them.
- Selena Gomez as Alex Russo
- David Henrie as Justin Russo
- Jake T. Austin as Max Russo
- Jennifer Stone as Harper Finkle
- Maria Canals Barrera as Theresa Russo
- David DeLuise as Jerry Russo
- Clinton Jackson as Reporter
- Matt Kaminsky as Bigtime Loser
- This was the Season 4 premiere, and is the first to debut the show's new theme song.
- While Justin and Alex are found guilty of exposing magic, the actions that Professor Crumbs took in creating the scenario would technically qualify as entrapment, which would result in the siblings being found innocent. However, it is unclear if entrapment is illegal in the wizarding world.